Through the years I have recommended the free version of Malwarebytes as an effective tool to remove malware from customer’s PCs. Recently I have changed my position and suggest upgrading to Malwarebytes Pro .
It bears repeating, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND upgrading or purchasing Malwarebytes Pro for ANY PC that is connected to the internet.
Why do I suggest upgrading or purchasing Malwarebytes Pro when you can install or use the free version of Malwarebytes?
- Malwarebytes Pro has a REAL-TIME Active Malware Prevention Engine which blocks known threats.
- Malwarebytes Pro has Heuristic Protection which prevents new ZERO-DAY malware infections.
- Malwarebytes Pro has malicious website protection by BLOCKING Access to know and zero-day malicious web content.
- Malwarebytes Pro also has AUTOMATIC Priority Updates and Scheduled scanning.
- Malwarebytes Pro offers blazing FAST Flash Scans!
I know some of you are thinking, bah, I can do updates and run scans weekly and save myself $25. Uh huh…I hear you, and I have a couple of questions to ask:
- Is your Windows OS (XP, Vista, 7, 8) up to date with all the patches and updates?
- Is your Anti-Virus up to date and have you scanned your PC within the last 7 days?
- Have you backed up your important documents and photos in the last 7 days?
For the majority of us, myself included the answer to the above would be NO….But I was going to do it later. It should only take ONE big Crash, Malware/Virus attack to teach you that you do need to do the above. But sadly that isn’t the case.
I will be posting my solutions for Automatic Backups and Software Patch updates in another post.
However, you can purchase or upgrade Malwarebytes Pro and let it automatically protect you and your PC! It pays for itself the first time it warns you of an attack.
Recently a client’s email account was hacked and sending out over 500 emails a day. The attack was so bad that even after changing the email passwords on our server, the flood of emails continued and the accounts had to be suspended.
I recommended Malwarebytes Pro to my client. After installing and running the program, Malwarebytes Pro found over 300 instances of malware on the PC. After cleaning the system and changing the passwords we tested the email accounts and found no more rogue emails being sent out from my client’s email accounts.